Vacation Rental Photography
With any of the photography sessions below, you will receive:
•A thoughtfully curated mix of interior and exterior photos highlighting the key features of your property. Drone photography of your property is included if safe and practical.
•Complimentary staging: formal dining table, open/turn on hot tub, coffee mugs, pool table/game table set up, turn on fireplaces/gas fire pits
•Access to our Area Photos portfolio, a collection of images from the National Park and area attractions.
Standard Session (Daylight)
Daytime listing photos (interior, exterior, drone)
30 Photos $595 (1-2 beds)
45 Photos $795 (3-4 beds)
60 Photos $995 (5-7 beds)
75 Photos $1,195 (8+ beds)
Premium Session (Twilight)
Sunrise twilight photos (interior, exterior, drone)
30-35 Photos $995 (1-2 beds)
45-50 Photos $1,195 (3-4 beds)
60-65 Photos $1,395 (5-7 beds)
75-80 Photos $1,595 (8+ beds)
Twilight exteriors only: $450 (previously photographed properties only)
Deluxe Session (Media Bundle)
Twilight and daylight exteriors, interior photos, drone photos, floor plans, a 2 minute cinematic video, and 10 vertical social media photos.
40-45 Photos + Video $1,495 (1-2 beds)
55-60 Photos + Video $1,695 (3-4 beds)
70-80 Photos + Video $1,895 (5-7 beds)
85-90 Photos + Video $1,995 (8+ beds)
Color coded floor plans $75 (highly recommended for every property)
Photos of resort amenities $20 per image (please specify which amenities when booking an session)
10 social media photos (vertical) $150
1 minute social media video (vertical) $250
2 minute cinematic video $400
Before You Book!
Here's how to get the most out of your photography session.
1. Do not schedule on a check-out day. Block the night before and make sure it is clean and ready the day before.
2. Do not schedule when you will be staying at the property. Your cabin will not be ready for photos. Schedule a day or two after your departure.
3. Do not schedule any other service providers the day of the session. This includes cleaners, handymen, exterminators, cable/internet installers, etc.
4. Based on recent guidance from Airbnb, we no longer recommend staging with food or beverages that are not provided to each guest.
5. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions.